1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

TNS-12537: TNS:connecton closed TNS-12560: TNS:Protocol Adapter Error

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by remiakinmosin@yahoo.com, Jul 13, 2011.

1. remiakinmosin@yahoo.com

remiakinmosin@yahoo.com Active Member

I am having serious problems 11gr2 database software installation, I am guessing the problem is with my environmental variables, but i'm not sure. the thing is listener stops working the moment i start enterprise manager(dbconsole) can any one tell me what i am doing wrong please. I am using oracle enterprise linux 5 OS.

TNS-12537: TNS:connecton closed
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol Adapter Error
    TNS-00507: connection closed

other times i get

TNS-01153: failed to process string

Thanks.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: listener

I would be checking your OS processes and cPU usage as starting DBconsole is obviously taking more resource than you have to give. Also, it may be that your server has been up longer than 248 days which will require a reboot.

3. remiakinmosin@yahoo.com

I am quite a novice to this, how do i check os process because i am quite sure that my computer, both physical and Vmware meet specifications,
    but i belive this maybe a reason because atimes things work quite fine, but most times the problem occurs, i would say it worked 5% of the time, and failed 95%.

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

If a process fails 95% of the time then you have issues at the server level. Your computer may meet the minimum specifications but those aren't the best guideline to follow. A ps -ef | more will let you scroll through the processes; running top will tell you much on how your system is or isn't running.

5. remiakinmosin@yahoo.com

Thanks, I will look at this tommorrow and get back to you. its mid night in my part of the world now and I am sleepy, can you mail me your email address so I can contact you, as i will still need help. my email is remiakinmosin@yahoo.com.
    This problem only occurs in 11gr2. 10g and 11gr1 work fine. I dont mean to bother you but can you mail me the linux environmental varriables i am to use for .bash_profile file. Thanks again.