1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Table Registration in Apps

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by kiran.marla, May 23, 2010.

1. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi all,
    in Oracle Apps, why table registration is required for KFF and DFF, but not for forms and reports.
    pls can any body clarify my doubt?

Thanks in advance
    Kiran Marla

2. bobbyiiit

bobbyiiit Active Member

Hi Kiran,

In oracle apps every development and customization need to be registered. We register tables and columns so that apps can detect and apply who columns, DFF's and KFF's automatically with out entering manually. Also we are registering forms and reports from front end i.e while creating a form and an executable we are actually registering forms and reports.

3. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

hi bobby, you are absolutely correct. forms , reports will be registered, but table registration is not required for who columns, forms, reports. am i right?

4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi kiran,

That depends on requirement. Actually I too got same kind of doubt why to register table. I have tried working on OAF's using some tables which are created in database by myself, but they are not updated when iam trying to update from OAF form. So after registering that table it worked successfully.

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Kiran,

You have asked a famous interview question. The apt answer is , Oracle comes with numerous seeded tables. Yet you will be required to create custom tables at times and in most cases all you need do is to create them in the same schema and use. The exception to this general rule is Flexfields and Alerts. Here you need to register the tables in AOL i.e the table and all the columns you intend to use with it. There is an API to do this.
    Ramji

6. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi ramji,

I have created a table and registered using front-end through system administrator responsibility. Is it a right process to do so or we have to create through API only.

7. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hi All,

The Package AD_DD is used to register table and its column in Oracle Apps. Only when u register table it is visible in oracle Apps Frontend, Else it wont be visible there.

Any custom table which you want to use it in Valueset and other places in Application it should be registered using AD_DD package.

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

8. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Bharat,

How did you create a table and registered from front end . Can you provide some screen shots here...