1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Suggestions Request

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Sadik, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Friends!

After the recent completion of the Competition PROJECT, we are about to launch a new feature on club-oracle called User Ranks and Reputations! this Sunday. However before that is done, I request that all the active members provide suggestions for improving Club-Oracle.

Your suggestions can be around the user interface of the website or the look and feel or on the structure or maybe an idea for another competition! I promise that all suggestions will be carefully looked into and if possible will be integrated along with the launch of the new feature.

Best Regards,
    Admin

2. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Hi,

It is nice to know that Club-oracle is open for suggestions from the users. Anyway that is the key for success of any forum.

I have a suggestion.

If you look at the home page of Club-oracle for the previous Topic and Recent Thread , there is no information to know which section ( like SQL PL/SQL , General , Server Administration , OrApps Ebusiness etc ) the post belongs to. As of now we have to click and go to that section to see where it belongs. All the users wont be interested in all the areas of Oracle ( Exception might be there ) .

It will be easy for the user to navigate if that information is displayed in the home page itself.

3. Sadik

Thanks for your suggestion Raj, yes that is a very good point. I will try and get that implemented.

4. sameer

sameer Forum Advisor

hi... as it is, the interface is very good, but i think we can have a cooler logo! can't we?

5. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

I have One more suggestion ,

Can we have 'Sticky' kind of Post which always displayed with preference in a thread. If so, we can have INDEX pages for the main informative post in a section with links to that Post (Not Questions and answers )

For example in SQL PL/SQL Section we can have

1. Database-Users-Password-Privilleges-Roles

2. Analytical Functions

3. Pivoting Technique

like that. So that users can have the brief summary of informative post in a single page. Isn't it wonderful ?

But it requires continuous monitoring and updation of the index page by some responible person like Administrator (Atleast Once in a week)

I am not sure how far it is feasible to implement .

6. Sadik

Sure sameer, we have plans of getting our logo professionally designed but it will take some time. Thanks for the suggestion though

7. Sadik

Yes Raj, another very good suggestion. The issue with that will be getting one such sticky thread on all sections and then regularly updating the list. Another thing is there is a danger of the sticky thread getting too long over time. However, I will surely see if something like this can be automated.

thanks again for the suggestion.

8. Sadik

hi, the forum option display on the recent threads and previous topics on home page has been implemented. :)

9. debasisdas

debasisdas Active Member

Is there a section to post articles. I think articles should have its own section rather than posted as stickies.

10. Sadik

No as of now articles are also posted as Threads. Not necessarily stickies. Our aim is to have discussions on articles too, so new Threads are to be used.

11. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

It is fine that its implemented for recent threads and previous topics . But that is not updated with main highlighted topics in the home page.

ie Section Above the Previus topics and Section Left to the Top Members and Recent thread.

I hope its incorporation will improve the user friendliness.

12. Sadik

I understand, actually as it is there have become too many links on the Home Page. I am considering reducing some links from some sections. Let's see how that issue can be tackled.