1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Stranger error when Replicating from Oracle to Sybase by using Oracle Golden Gate

Discussion in 'General' started by wuzhs, Oct 19, 2012.

1. wuzhs

wuzhs Active Member

Hi,

Has anyone used Oracle Golden gate as a replication solution?

I met an error when replicating data from Oracle 11gR2 to Sybase ASE 15.5.

The error info on target side is:
    2012-10-19 08:00:15 INFO OGG-00996 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Sybase, repu10.prm: REPLICAT REPU10 started.
    2012-10-19 08:00:15 ERROR OGG-00868 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Sybase, repu10.prm: Cannot do CS_PREPARE for mapping query_id 'dyn0004' with sql stmt 'INSERT INTO dbo."CUST_ORDER" ("CUST_ORDER_UUID","TRIAL_IND","BKG_OFCE_CDE","BKG_PARTY_UUID","BKG_PARTY_CDE","BKG_PARTY_NME","REC_UPD_DT","NOTIFY_PARTY_UUID") VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)'.
    2012-10-19 08:00:15 ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Sybase, repu10.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.

There are triggers on the target table. I obtain the sql statment which cuase this error, and manually perform this sql statment on target side, it is OK.
    I don't know why this sql failed in Goldengate.

Thanks in advance.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

CS_PREPARE is a Sybase function/procedure and it's generating errors -- it doesn't appear to be an Oracle error, but Golden Gate is reporting it on the Oracle side of things. I'd suggest you enlist a Sybase DBA to assist you. You can always return with further questions and have both sides assisting you.