1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Some Issues with Import and Export Data

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by PraveshSingh, Feb 6, 2012.

1. PraveshSingh

PraveshSingh Guest

Hi Guys,
    I have been facing some problem with import and export data in excel since last 3 days, actually I want to export excel file data in sql and access file so whether any option or any tool which could perform this task. Please resolve my problem as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

How can we resolve your problem?? You do not state which dbms you're usng (one presumes Oracle since you posted here but stranger posts have been submitted that reference other engines, such as SQL Server). Let us presume for a moment that you are using Oracle and want to import Excel data into the database; options exist that are not difficult to implement.such as connecting to a data source (such as your Oracle database via ODBC/OLE DB) or exporting the data into a CSV file and using Oracle's SQL*Loader to popuate a table. Normally people use a configured data source and connect directly to the database from Excel. There are tutorials on the web for such activities; using google.com can help you locate them.

3. ManojBhatt

ManojBhatt Guest

Hi PraveshSingh,
    There is an option to export data with sql or access file in Microsoft EXCEL. To export data in different file format in Microsoft Excel first of all open MS-Excel and go to Data tab, there an option will be visible to import data form different file format such as txt, csv, from web etc. Now here performed your filtration and click on 'Save As' button here you can choose different file format whatever you want.
    In case of third party software tool, lots of tools available in market which performs such kind of actions or task. I had used MindStick DataConverter which is one of them. It is free charge tool so you could easily download it. I don't have remember the exact download link of MindStick DataConverter. You can search it on google.

I hope it might be resolve your problem.

4. docora

docora Active Member

There are 2 techniques to export data in excel from Oracle.

1. Use Toad, there is option available in toad for fetching data in to excel sheet. But for achieving this, you need to execute select * from table; queries.

2. If you want to fetch data using select * from table; queries directly in SQLplus then use collsep as | and save in notepad. In excel, there is option to import data using column separator then provide | as column separator.

For performing export utility, you need to take help of third party tool.

5. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

"For performing export utility, you need to take help of third party tool. "

Why?? SQL*Plus can be used to generate a CSV file to import into Excel.