1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Some general questions

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by rodnower, Jun 20, 2010.

1. rodnower

rodnower Active Member

Hello.

1) I put attention that TNS write events into its log in too big frequency: ~ 10 time in second. I see that it is for every connection, but I assume that this no too good to performance.
    Is there some way to tell to TNS not to write event for every connection but only for errors?

2) May I to remove alert.log of DB? Or DB will make me problems with this?

3) How can I tell to my client connect directly to my instance rather than during TNS?

I have Oracle RAC 11g running on Red Hat 4 64 bit.

Thank you for ahead.

2. rodnower

rodnower Active Member

More about first question:
    TNS writes connection events, and I have too much connections.
    So now I may split it to two questions:
    1.1. How to tell to TNS Listener write only errors and not connections to its alert.log
    1.2. How I understand it is not right that TNS opens too many connections. In lsnrctl I see established: more than 1400. So one DBA tell me that I need to pooling connections at client side. I use .NET 3.5 with Oracle.DataAccess and NHibernate that use System.Data.Oracle. Both use the same connection string. How and where I do this connection pooling?