1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Slow Performance

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by mirza, Dec 7, 2009.

1. mirza

mirza Active Member

Dear Friendz,

My developers are facing slow performance issue in the databases.
    I have checked everything from database side, but didn't get any issues.
    They are using dblinks for fetching data from remote databases.

Presently we are working on MS Windows Server2003 and oracle 10.2.0.4
    Its 32bit environment with 4gb RAm, and oracle only take 2048 m ram in 32bit.

So, is there any issue of RAM, DBLINK or any other thing.

should we upgrade over servers from 32 to 64 bit?

how much memory of RAM can we use in 64bit? Is there any limitation like 32bit?

Please guide me.

Thanks a Lot in advance...

Rgds,
    Mirza

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You report that Oracle can only have 2 GB of RAM on your server and you ask about limitations? 32-bit operating systems can access 4GB of memory, no more, and since Windows will take 2 GB for the operating system that leaves 2GB left for everything else; this information is available in numerous sources on the web so I'm surprised you haven't found it (or haven't tried). 64-bit operating systems can access far more memory so moving to a 64-bit release can only help you solve your problem.

"I have checked everything from database side", meaning what, exactly? What did you check? How? What results came from that examination? You say nothing of what you've done outside of that minimal sentence.

"So, is there any issue of RAM, DBLINK or any other thing." Are we sitting at your terminal? Do we see what you see? Have you posted any useful data to assist someone here in helping you? It appears not. So post your queries and findings so we, too, have the same picture you do and are better equipped to provide useful advice.

3. mirza

mirza Active Member

Thanks for reply dear..
    I have checked everything means", Alerts, AWR, Addm network but didn't get any type of warning or alert.

Actually we have in house application's databases that are connected internally through DBLINKS. thats what i asked , it may b an issue.

I wanna know one more thing that I am having oracle 10g 32bit licence.
    If i want to upgrade with 64bit, then will oracle charged some fee for the same?

Thanks

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You won't know if the dblinks are an issue until you generate execution plans for queries using those links. Have you generated those plans? If so, what did they tell you? If not, why have you not done so?

64-bit oracle is a different product from 32-bit oracle so it will require a different license.