1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Site Studio Publisher in 11g doesn't do what it says on the box

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by ehsavage, May 2, 2011.

1. ehsavage

ehsavage Guest

I was wondering if anyone else had managed to get a sensible answer to how SSP in 11g publishes it's content?

The documentation states that it can be used to push content to a web server for consumption but isn't totally clear how that is done. The documentation would seem to say that it uses the Filter sets to push to the target server

download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/doc.1111/e10618.pdf section A2.8

The intention is for a Contribution server only with no UCM Consumption instance and the content (mainly static) being published on webservers.

We have raised this now a couple of times with Oracle Account managers to get a clear steer on this.

The response?

The last response we had was that SSP doesn't do what we want and that we need to buy/procure a 3rd party product to do the publication. :confused:

When I pointed out that this would seem to be a backward step in that Oracle have removed functionality there was no real response.

Has anyone else had such a response from Oracle or have they had a meaningful reply that explains how SSP is not going backwards and will actually perform its task?

I'd like a sensible answer somewhere along the line as would I expect anyone contemplating migrating to 11g.

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Except for the Filters part, I think this is correct. You need to use something like rsync to publish your server.

How complicated is your situation? Do you have a set of pages that need to get sent to several servers, or do you just need to maintain a single web server?