1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Site Studio 10gR4 & R3 Error

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by rnavduri, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Hi,

I have installed SiteStudio 10gR3 & R4 and gave my content server details in the Site connection manager. I am getting below error.

"The Site Studio Component is from a older version of the Product"

Please suggest.

I have downloaded both R3 & R4 from below web site
    "http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/content-management/index.html"

I am able to login to the Content server. Also I have observed another thing. For R3 when I click "New" button in the site studio designer I will get like this
    "http://<server>/idc/idcplg"
    For R4 I will get like this
    "http://<server>/stellent/idcplg"

I have replaced the server with my server ipaddress, but I am getting the above mentioned error.

Please suggest.

Rajesh

2. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

I have fixed this error.

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi rnavduri, sorry was too busy and didn't look at the error. Could you please share what was the issue and how you solved it.

4. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Sadik,

I am going to prepare a document and post it. can you add to the document I am going to prepare with the one you have created about UCM setup? So that people like me can get the information starting from installing Content server, site studio setup and hosting ravenna site in their site studio?
    As I install new softwares I will update the document so that one day we can have full installation document for all the softwares required for UCM setup.

Rajesh

5. Sadik

yes i would wholeheartedly support that. You can start a new thread specially for that document and keep adding to it. I will include and add to it with what I have and stick that thread at the top so that it's always the first visible.

6. harmaildhiman

harmaildhiman Active Member

Please Help, if you have already fixed this error, Please upload any doc/steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Harry

7. Sadik

8. Hi,

I am facing the same issue has mentioned below discussion.

"The Site Studio Component is from a older version of the Product"

I have installed UCM 10gR3 and sitestudio 10gR4.

To find the solution I tried accessing link given below by Sadik, but its not working.

I am new to Site Studio and I am in great need of you guys support.

Please help me out guys.

Regards,
    cK

9. Sadik

10. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Is this really how people install components on a regular basis? I do it from the Admin Server, which allows you to install the component as a zip file, and then restart the server. It's much easier than going through the component wizard.

11. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

BTW, the Site Studio component has to match the Designer version to work. Every major release (10gR3, 10gR4, 11gRx, etc.) will have a new Site Studio component. You can install multiple components on the server, one per major release. That is, you can have the 10gR3 and 10gR4 components installed side by side.

Sadik likes this.
  12. Sadik

I also install from the Admin Server. I would go to the component wizard only if I wanted to create a custom component.