1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

simple question on create user

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by tina888, Mar 29, 2009.

1. tina888

tina888 Guest

I am very new to oracle as you can make out from subject line. I have a requirement of creating user with default options. How to do that?

Actually I did create a simple user with user name and password thinking that system should take care of deafults but when I looked under the DBA_TS_QUOTAS, Couldn't find any entry for newly created user.

Will apprecite your replies as I am stuck with this simple question.
    Thanks

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

hmm you were looking in the wrong place. You should check the view DBA_USERS for your newly created user. DBA_TS_QUOTAS shows you the tablespace quotas and usages assigned to users. You probably did not specify any tablespace while creating the user so oracle allocates the user's objects to the default tablespace.

Anyways to create a new user and specify his tablespace ,you need to use something like this.
    Code (Text):

CREATE USER test123
        IDENTIFIED BY test123
        DEFAULT TABLESPACE example
        QUOTA 10M ON example

You can then check DBA_USERS view. Don't forget to give grants to the user or he won't be even able to login.

3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Btw, user_ts_quotas will display the quotas alloted for the tablespace for the user only if it it explicitly mentioned. Otherwise it wont come there.

Check the link for the commonly used options for Create table script. It is very informative.
    Create user