1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Show the xCollectionName in a Field

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by andre.almeida, Jan 21, 2009.

1. andre.almeida

andre.almeida Active Member

I have this piece of code:
    <$dprDerivedValue=#active.xCollectionID$>

But I want, instead actve.xCollectionID…..I want to have active.xCollectionName
    I modified, but don’t work. The ContentServer don’t show me the CollectionName.
    This only works with CollectionID? Or I’m capable to show in a field the CollectionName too?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

the issue is that when you are specifying "#active", it means the current active page, which would only have your folder id i.e xCollectionID. But it would be possible to get the xCollectionName. I will have a look and let you know.

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi apparently one can't directly get the folder name into a custom metadata field. but there are other ways you can achieve this.

1. When you are creating the folder, set the Title in the folder's metadata same as the Folder's virtual name. Now in the custom metadata field where you want the Folder name use the dprDefaultValue=#active.DDOCTITLE

2. You can create a view on the collections table and create a custom metadata field with an option list based on this view. This view should have dcollectionid and dcollectionname as it's columns with dcollectionname as the displayed value and dcollectionid as the value stored in the database. You can then use dprDefaultValue=#active.xCollectionID for this optionlist.

Hope one of these works for you.
    dprDefaultValue = #active.xCollectionName