1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Shedule backup

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by noufal_y, May 4, 2010.

1. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear All,

I tried to shedule the disk backup using OEM.
    I have given the correct username and password for the OS but its giving error as wrong password for the user.
    I can not set the oracle home.

Can you please help me regarding this

Regards,

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Username and password are for the database or repository, not the O/S.

3. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear Zargon,

Its asking for the Operating system username and password, correct me if am wrong
    When i test the connection its giving as wrong password but i given the correct.
    also there is one issue with the home" could not find oracle home in the inventory collected for the DB on ..........."

Please advice me
    Best Regards,

4. zargon

Use that same login and password on the database server; I expect you've typed an incorrect login or password in the dialogue box. Normally the software owner it 'oracle' unless it's on Windows where it is Administrator.

5. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear Zargon,

I have given the correct username and password and still it giving the same. I tested many times.
    Any thing need to be checked?
    Please advice

Best Regards,

6. zargon

This is the operating system user who 'owns' the Oracle software installation? You can use these same credentials to login to the database server?

7. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Yes.....with this user am logging into the DB server and also installed the oracle software..but....?

8. zargon

And the error states 'incorrect username/password" so it may NOT be the password but the username that is incorrect. Is this a Windows server and are you attempting to use a domain user and password to connect?

9. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

HI,
    Am verymuch stucked with this.
    Is there anyother way to resolve this issue?
    Please help its very urgent for me.

Best Regards,

10. zargon

You do not provide enough information; we do not know what operating system your database server is running nor if it's on a domain (if running Windows).

Post the operating system of your database server and a screen shot of the error generated by OEM.

11. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear Zargon,

We have installed Oracle 10g Std Ed in windows 2003 Server.
    I use to login to the server tru remote desktop connection with username " administrator" and password *****
    Once after the installation i had crrated the flashrecovery. Now the flash recovery area is almost full and OEM gien the alert. I tried to reclaim the flach recovery area. then to reclaim,or to delete obsolete archives and all i tried in OEM and its asking for the OS login credentials, i have given the same administrator username and password which i used initially to create the flash recovery area. Eventhough the login credentials are correct the OEM returns " could not connect to the host" and the password is invalid like that.

Here the " domain " you asked is different ? or correct me if am wrong with this.
    Am not much experienced with this.

Thanks & Best Regards,

12. zargon

This appears to be a situation where this is a domain administrator account, not a local administrator account and in such cases the domain must also be entered in the username field:

mydomain\administrator

where mydomain is the domain for the account. Logging in through remote desktop the domain is shown as the third field in the logon window.

13. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear Zargon,

domain is " TESTDB"
    Then i tried with username " TESTDB\administrator" and password but same error msg is coming up as
    " connection to host as user TESTDB\administrator failed ; wrong password for the user " but i given the correct password "
    am connecting from another server is it an issue?
    Should i reconstruct the DB again with full bkp?

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards

14. zargon

You keep saying the password you provide is correct yet you show no proof of successful connections to this server with that username and password. Post screenshots of you entering the username and password and of a successful connection.

15. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Dear Zargon,

Please find attached and have a look.

Best Regards,

Attached Files:

• sc1.jpg
      sc1.jpg
      File size:
      96.1 KB
      Views:
    • sc2.jpg
      sc2.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
  16. zargon

I don't find a screenshot of an actual login to the Windows server using those credentials thus there is no proof your password is correct. And another question: has any server maintenance/patching been done since you were successful in connecting to this server through OEM?

17. noufal_y

noufal_y Forum Advisor

Hi,

These screenshots i have taken from the ie which belongs to the server itself. For that i have logged into the server using the username " administrator " and password " qazwsx" tru remote desktop connection. So i shoud use the same username and password for the backup maintenace, correct me if i am wrong. For that i given the username " TESTDB\administrator" and password same as above.

Patches to the application has been done while we are having the same issue.
    This issue came up very long back. I have another production server and its working fine and the login credentials for that server is also same. First i will connect to this production server and from that i normally connect to this test server which is having the issue as of now. So is this an issue for this or any other?
    Should i check the oracle home from OEM,how?

Please dont feel bad if i ask any childish questions :)

Thanks & best Regards

18. zargon

Server maintenance may have altered server security policies so that they now differ from your production server. You need to check with your Windows administrator to see what was done and what may have changed in the process.