1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Service Requests linked to Work Orders (WIP)

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by LarsO, Aug 28, 2009.

1. LarsO

LarsO Guest

Hi all,

I'm currently facing a situation where users want to use SR's as much as possible as a workbench for handling WIP's. We have both implemented, and running, but the users are a bit frustrated about the need for jumping back and forth between the modules to handle the process.

Scenario: We are selling heavy machines. We need to adjust and custom these before selling to our marked, based on both national regulated requirements and customer demands. We are using WIP to track costs, since this is not covered within Service. When we are getting a new customer with special requirements, we are creating a SR with tasks and resources. These men are then allocated to finish the job on the machine and report back time and material. This is charged customer through Charges -> OM -> AR.

I see that there could be an option to use the Work Order tab in SR, but there is very little information regarding how it works in the Impl. and User Guides. Is it only "read only" information in this tab, with no ability to update?

I anyone could give me some input regarding how to use the Work Orders in Service, it would be very appreciated!

2. Nidhi25

Nidhi25 Forum Genius

Hi, Did u get any inputs on this? Would appreciate if you could please share.

3. srkrishnan80

srkrishnan80 Active Member

Hi,

Work order is mainly used to update and view the work orders created in the EAM.(Enterprise asset management). Are you using EAM to create work orders and work requests?

Rama

4. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Hi LarsO,

I guess you are on R12. I am not sure on WorkOrder tab, but you could use related objects to open WIP from SR form.
    Let me know if you need more info on this.

Regards,
    Mohammed