1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Server always down after install oracle

Discussion in 'Oracle Development General' started by zabidin2, Mar 31, 2009.

1. zabidin2

zabidin2 Active Member

Hi,

I have problem with my server. Before i make installation my server working perfect and running 24/7 for 1 month. After i make installation portal,ldap and oc4j it goes down at night. From log, it nothing weird from my eye.

p/s: Using Red Hat 4.6 AS, Ram 8Gb and Oracle Application server.

Thank you.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

goes down at night??? that is strange... what do you mean by server goes down? Database server? or Application server? or your physical server?

Could you post the log here.

3. zabidin2

zabidin2 Active Member

Physical server down. Which log i need to see? Oracle got so many log.:rolleyes:

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

well zabidin it's very difficult to say anything based on that your physical server goes down at night. I presume what you mean is that your server gets very slow during nighttime. There can be hundreds of reasons for that as there can be many processes which might be executing. Do you have a backup scheduled at night time? Do you have GATHER_SCHEMA_STATISTICS running at night? I can only guess.

Since you are on redhat. you can do one simple thing. Open a terminal and type the top command
    Code (Text):

$top

Top gives you a realtime statistics of CPU usage per process and Memory usage and availability. Maybe you can find out what's eating your CPU resources.