1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Separate tablespaces for indexes and blobs

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by Marco, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Marco

Marco Active Member

Hi everybody,

I want to ask you if there is a way to define separate tablespaces for indexes and for tables with blob datatypes. I know I can do it manually while creating index or creating table, I can assign them to any tablespace I want but it would easier for me to create tablespace and define that this particular tablespace is just for indexes or for tables with blob data types then during creating index I woluln't have to assign it to specified tablespace because it would happen automatically.

Thanks for your help !
    Marco

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

No, there is no way to do that. A database has one default tablespace, and a user can have a default tablespace that is different from the database default. If a tablespace is not specified in the create statement the object will go in the default tablespace defined for the user or the database (if the user does not have a different default tablespace declared).

Marco likes this.