1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

SAP All-In-One

Discussion in 'SAP and Others' started by evkqdi, Oct 2, 2008.

1. evkqdi

evkqdi Active Member

I am aware of the fact that folks in the SAP world like to keep their eyes on their competition (Oracle solutions), so I am striving to do the same the other way. I would be very interested to know your opinion about the following questions regarding SAP All-In-One, as I am not that familiar with this solution. I read quite a few posts on different sap forums and sites but I didn't find much real life experience about AIO..

1. First of all is my understanding of SAP All-In-One correct: SAP AIO is actually a MySAP solution but AIO is 99% preconfigured. The more customers start to play around with the configurations, the more the implementation becomes a MySap implementation rather than a SAP AIO (regarding time and costs). So to sum up, mostly companies who accept the industry standard processes will go with the AIO, otherwise MySAP might be a better solution (in general).

2. What is the difference between MySap and SAP All-In-One regarding manpower and upgrade costs? So: Does SAPs All-In-One solution require an in-house database administrator too? Is the upgrade process of SAP All-In-One similar to MySAP (usually an upgrade is more likely a re-implementation)? In case of SAP All-In-One doesn’t the maintenance cover significant part of the upgrade?

3. For pricing I checked the SAP All-In-One Solution Configurator Tool (http://www.configurator.ch/dojo/apps/us/solution-configurator-v015.jsp?lang=en). The tool limits the number of employees between 10 and 400, and the number of users between 10 and 70. Do you know why?! As far as I know All-In-One can be implemented in larger companies as well… Or am I wrong?! Do you have an idea how to get started with the calculations if the numbers I want to check are higher than 400 / 70?

Regards,

Peter

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I am not an expert on SAP so I can only talk in general terms. Both mySAP and SAP AIO are powered by the SAP NetWeaver Platform so when you say SAP AIO is basically a preconfigured mySAP soln, you are right.

However as far as I know, only the following four modules come with SAP All in One

• mySAP Financials
    • Human Capital Management
    • Operations
    • Corporate Services
    I wouldn't think so. AIO is a solution for SMEs, mySAP would cost considerably more even if you wanted to reconfigure AIO.

Regarding Manpower and upgrade Costs, I believe AIO would be less intensive than mySAP. However once again let me reiterate that I am no expert. You should call up SAP and enquire their sales staff to explain you the costs.

Regarding the SAP Configurator, this is what I remember reading

Also, why the user/employee limit exists, I don't really know. I feel it is because SAP thinks that only SME would be looking at the All-In-One configurator. Once again, my suggestion would be to contact SAP and ask.

Before Sales they will be extremely patient and sweet! trust me on that one! ;)

Hope this helped

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Also I will try and get my SAP consultant friends to answer you..

4. evkqdi

evkqdi Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Thanks for the post. Even though you are not an expert, I think this is quite valuable information!

I would be very interested in you SAP consultant friends' views.

Thanks, P

5. nitin_lok

nitin_lok Active Member

U have asked two questions :

1) Diff MySap and MySap all-in-one

MySap: u can custamize as much as u want to cater yr requirements
    MySap AIO: It is standard industry specific pre-configured software.

2) how to go forwared using extended configuration in MySap AIO: I do not recommend to do with this package. let us take a example a pharma company whose turnover is Rs. 20 crores [ approx $5 million]p.a. and wanted to streamline the business and have FDA guidelines to handle local s/w may not be viable so one can opt MySap AIO the cost of implementation Rs. 50 laks including all cost [approx $0.5 million]. U will have 10 users licenses. U do not required DBA for BASIS as 15% u are taking AMC from implementer who will take care this job. Use the SAP functionality for say 2-3 years and then go for MySap.

Thanks
    Nitin

Hamza Bukhari likes this.
  6. alconx

alconx Active Member

Hai,
    I heard from my lectures, if we are good in Oracle system, that will be easier for us to learn SAP. Because fundamentally oracle and SAP is same.
    Is that correct?

7. arul2k

arul2k Active Member

Both are like same Wine in a Bottle.
    SAP is a single page screen with multiple options as like our OA Page.
    The difference which i can say in SAP is if u enter anything wrong will not allow u to go to next page.
    In Oracle some cases will not allow some cases it will allow and at the end of flow we will recognise it.
    Application Font sizes Oracle will be best
    SAP it looks tooo compact having multiple options in a single page having less in font size.

Hamza Bukhari likes this.