1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Sales order tax issue

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by Bharat, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi ,

Iam getting some tax error while booking sale order for particular customer. I have attached document which contains error screenshot. Please guide me on this issue.

Attached Files:

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

The tax setup is incomplete. Tax in R12 is not just defining a rate. You need to specify different things at various levels. Once the Setup is complete you will be able to use the same.

To sum up
    Tax Jurisdiction, Tax Authorities, Tax Regime, Tax Statuses, Tax Details, Rates for each statuses. I can explain the architecture for you. But its better you give it a reading and do the necessary setup yourself. Because this is a centralized method in R12 which caters to all the other modules.
    cheers
    Ramji

Nidhi25 likes this.
  3. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Can you please provide me the setup document which can help me to make changes in my instance. I will discuss with my colleagues about that changes and we will do it collaboratively.

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

They should have a BR100. I shall get it out and upload. Best is to look for a BR100 from a Greenfield implementation . Most of the ones we have is for an upgrade which is minimal and wont be of much use.

Can I suggest something, since this is a new module you can as well depend on the Oracle Guide and Orig documentation.
    Ramji

5. Bharat

Thank you ramji. I will look into metalink to search for it.

6. Nidhi25

Nidhi25 Forum Genius

Thanks. It is a useful discussion.