1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Sales order line amount changes

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by Bharat, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

Iam using Vision instance R12.1.3. I have just created one Price List and assigned 2 items to it. After that I have created one sales order and tried to modify that price for that item at line level. Unfortunately the amount is changing. Actually I haven't set any modifiers or qualifiers for that price list. Can anyone please help me how it works. Iam little bit confused with it.
    :(

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Can you please give the navigation and from where you are trying to update.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. Bharat

Hi Ramji,

I have created price list from Oracle Pricing Manager, and created sales order from Order Management, Super User Vision Operations(USA). And I have tried to change the amount of line item... but unfortunately it has been changed. Actually in client machines we have to create modifiers and qualifiers to change the value of line item.. but I didn't created anything to them but the line item amount is changing without doing that.

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

I have posted the answer in your other thread by mistake. Just realized this. Please do refer the same.
    cheers
    Ramji

5. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have seen your reply to this post in another one. Can you please tell me navigation to Enforce List Price Flag field where to set Y. And I haven't seen transaction type for line also.

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Will do shortly. Mean type on the navigator do a Control Plus L and then search for the Order Line type
    and Query on the form and pull it up.
    cheers
    Ramji

7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Again read the steps and see what was not clear. Open sesame does not work in Oracle bhayya. You need to be inquisitive, forget your fears, and be intuitive.

Query the Transaction Type on the navigator after you check the transaction type of the transaction which is giving this problem.
    Setup>Transaction Type
    Good Luck
    Ramji

8. Bharat

Hi,

I have created one price list with line as all items (Ea, 15 as cost) and saved it, and created one modifier with line (discount all items, percent , 10), and then tried to create sales order using that price list. In that it is allowing me to change line amount(Unit Selling Price in main tab) for all price lists. So I changed OM: Discounting Privileges to None and tried to create sales order again at that time it is not allowing me to change line amount. Now it is not allowing me to change line amount for all price lists. Actually my requirement is now I want to change the line amount in sales order only for my particular price list. Can anyone please give me some guide lines to do this.
    Responsibilities used: -
    Order Management Super User, Vision Operations(USA)
    Oracle Pricing Manager, Vision Operations

9. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

I believe I remember now . You have a profile which you use to either allow the change across all price lists or not allow for all price lists.
    For a specific Price list you will have to customize(trigger). I remember our Supply chain team doing this some time ago. Anybody else can comment. I am just trying to help you out here. My area of specialization is different and I rarely work on OM except integration issues.
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  10. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Actually Iam working completely on Order Management. But as a Initiator I have so many doubts in it. Sorry for that if they are simple one. Don't we have any functional process to do so.

11. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

The basic idea of ERP is to align your business processes to a globally compliant system and not the other way around. You will often get requests which will test the limits of functionality available and will have to find ways to satisfy the requests keeping in mind that if you customize the system it will mean more costs in the future. It will come back to hurt you. Normally requests which are legitimate will be taken up by Oracle as an Enhancement request.

I suggest you log a service request and raise all your queries and post here too.
    Ramji

12. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I got solution to that. I have made profile option (QP: Blind Discount Option) to No which is yes before and then my requirement satisfies. Thanks for encouraging ramji. Thanks alot.
    This profile option is set to Yes when no qualifiers are attached to the manual modifiers. Actually Iam trying with manual modifier which have to allow changes to my Unit Selling Price at line level in sales order. So my problem solved by this.

13. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Gr8 a little bit of digging in and you will strike gold!
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  14. Bharat

hi,

For more problems on this kind of error you can please refer to metalink note [1105868.1].