1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Running the Archiving actions through the Command Line

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by noel, May 5, 2009.

1. noel

noel Active Member

Hi,
    I am not able to import and export archives using command line tools. I want to directly transfer the archive and don’t want to use a shared location. I have created the scripts that I need to run. For that I have created a sequence of steps that needs to be followed. I have mentioned the steps and the command file that I run for each step.
    1) Created a target archive on the target server and set the IsTargetable

<?hda version="10.1.3.3.3 (080807)" jcharset=UTF8 encoding=utf-8?>
    @Properties LocalData
    IdcService=ADD_ARCHIVE
    IDC_Name=CS98310
    aArchiveName=TargetArchive
    aIsTargetable=1
    aArchiveDescription=This is an target archive
    aCopyWebDocuments=1
    @end

2) Created a source archive on the source server and set the target archive for this source archive as the target archive created in step 1.

<?hda version="10.1.3.3.3 (080807)" jcharset=UTF8 encoding=utf-8?>
    @Properties LocalData
    IdcService=ADD_ARCHIVE
    IDC_Name=idc
    aArchiveName=SourceArchive
    aArchiveDescription=This is an source archive
    aCopyWebDocuments=1
    aTargetArchive=CS98310/TargetArchive
    aIsTargetable=0
    aExportQuery=Standard Query ValuePanel UseExportDate 0 AllowExportPublished 0 AllRevisions 1 LatestRevisions 0 NotLatestRevisions 0 MostRecentMatching 0 CurrentIndex 0 Clauses dDocName:sqlEq: 20 CustomQuery dDocName%=%'20' IsCustom 0
    aIsAutomatedTransfer=0
    @end

3) Create a query for the source archive to select the content

aExportQuery=Standard Query ValuePanel UseExportDate 0 AllowExportPublished 0 AllRevisions 1 LatestRevisions 0 NotLatestRevisions 0 MostRecentMatching 0 CurrentIndex 0 Clauses dDocName:sqlEq:20 CustomQuery dDocName%=%'20' IsCustom 0
    (This is added in the previous step)
    4) Export the source archive on the source server

@Properties LocalData
    IdcService=EXPORT_ARCHIVE
    IDC_Name=idc
    dataSource=RevisionIDs
    @end

5) Transfer the source archive to the target archive from the source server

@Properties LocalData
    IdcService=TRANSFER_ARCHIVE
    IDC_Name=idc
    @end

6) Import the target archive on the target server

@Properties LocalData
    IdcService=IMPORT_ARCHIVE
    aArchiveName=TargetArchive
    IDC_Name=idc
    aImportDocuments=true
    @end

The issue comes while creating the archive. I am not able to set the parameters “aIsTargetable” for the target archive and “aExportQuery and aTargetArchive” for the source archive.

Now I create the archive with the archiver utility and tried running the commands (from step 3), but still it fails in the transfer command. The error comes that “aTargetArchive” parameter cannot be found. Now if I do the entire process through the Archiver Tool, its works fine and I am able to view the documents on the target server. I am not able to understand the reason. Is there a problem in the Command Files?

Also I want to check if I can automate it without deleting the batch files and their associated content file.

Thanks,
    Noel

2. sivavp1

sivavp1 Forum Advisor

can you please give me the details of aExportQuery syntax. how to frame it. any examples will help me. Thanks