1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Restrict the duplication of serial number in Oracle Quality

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by nainarhussain, May 10, 2009.

1. nainarhussain

nainarhussain Active Member

Hi

I created collection plan in oracle quality

plan consist of item and serial number

same Serial number can used multiple times , i want to restrict the duplication of serial number in the next line

can anyone help me in handling this

Regards
    Hussain

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

when you say plan consists of Item and serial number, you mean Item and serial number are elements right? I am sorry but
    This is not very clear. Please explain what are your elements and what you are doing.

3. nainarhussain

Hi

I created collection plan for materail receiving.

Collection plan consists of Item, Description, Serial number, supplier, qty received,qtyaccepted and qty rejected----Parent Plan

For example i want to reject 2 serial numbers

In the first line i selected a serial number and assigned the status rejected

In the second line again i want to reject the another serial but this time,serial which i rejected is coming in the list again.

Regards
    hussain

4. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

did you save after rejecting the first serial number? if you didn't and you moved to next line, i am afraid oracle has no way of knowing that the previous serial number was already rejected. So you will get both serial numbers in your second line untill you save the first line.

5. nainarhussain

Hi

Saved the first line

Again i enter the new results and select the serial in the lov all the rejected serial also listed .