1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

requirements at End user system to browse developer 6i application (client /server)

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by madhugp, Nov 3, 2010.

1. madhugp

madhugp Guest

hi, we are using oracle 9i, developer 6i( forms 6i,reports 6i).
    The executable files like .fmx, .rep files, Database will be existing at server system of the network. At end user system , to utilize the application by connecting to the server,
    Is it compulsary to install dev6i (forms,reports) at end user system??
    Or can u suggest alternative method i.e without installing forms builder,report builer etc..

with thanks

madhu

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Re: requirements at End user system to browse developer 6i application (client /ser

It is not mandatory to install the D2K 6i at client side, but we need some efforts like extra coding to output data to excel or required format, or installing the third party tools etc.

I found one of the comments against this

"Reports 6i does not support excel (spread sheet) format. It is supported in the 10.1.2 release. However, you can use DELIMITEDDATA format to generate csv files, and then open the files in MS excel."