1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Report customization

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by ramprasad.cgs, Aug 8, 2014.

1. ramprasad.cgs

ramprasad.cgs Active Member

hi ,

can anyone tell me some custiomized reports? why we customized the reports and tell me the business scenario , name some few reports u customized in ur project with examples

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

This is in the wrong list...should be under EBS or Forms/Reports.

In short, a customized report is any report which has been modified by the customer due to some business requirement. Once you customized the report, you own it...along w/ all the problems that may accompany the report.

IMO, it is quite stupid to customized any out of the box report. What happens when you patch the system and the original report or some dependent object gets changed? But that's just me. If you must customize a report, you should consider creating a CUSTOM report (note the change in context) that does not include the extra core baggage that may be present. That way you can control your project success/failure as your report is yours rather than <insert vendor here>.

HTH

CJ

sravan.kaurn likes this.