1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Register Discoverer Report in Oracle Applications

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by vamsioracle, Mar 24, 2009.

1. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi all

I registered a discoverer report in apps. The process i had done is correct and the registration process is complete. But i am unable to see the report in the discoverer viewer. I had checked all the steps and cross verified with other colleagues. Is there any chance that the report registered correctly may not be visible.

Vamsi

2. Kirti

Kirti Forum Advisor

Hi Vamsi,

the following are the steps to register a discoverer report in Oracle Apps. Make sure you followed each and every one correctly.

1. Login to Application Developer-->Function

2. Enter Function , User Function Name, Description(Optional) in Description Tab.

E.g
    • Function: TEST_DISCO
    • User Function Name: Discoverer Report
    • Description: Discoverer Report

3. In Properties Tab

• Select Type “SSWA plsql function”
    • Maintenance Mode Support – None
    • Context Dependence - Responsibility

4. In Form Tab
    Parameters --> Enter the Workbook name created previously

E.g
    • workbook=TEST_WORKBOOK
    • In case you want to give some parameters then you can use:
    Example
    5. In Web HTML Tab

Enter HTML Call - OracleOasis.RunDiscoverer

6. Now you can add this Function in any existing or new Menu

Also Note that Discoverer Report cannot be invoked when you’ve direct login into Oracle Applications through http://<url>:<port number>/dev60cgi/f60cgi
    You need to access through logging in from the browser web page. Otherwise it will give an Error.

7. Now navigate to Responsibility which contain the Menu to which you added this function.

8. Click the Function Name to Display the report.

Hope this helps you.

3. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

I did the same process step by step but still i cannot see my report in the list of reports at discoverer viewer screen.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hmmm.. have you checked in discoverer tools-->security to share/manage workbooks

5. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

yes.

The basic which are to be done are done perfectly. this seems to be some strange problem which i am unable to figure it out.

6. Sadik

hmmm firstly is the report showing correctly in discoverer itself?

7. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Yes Sadik,

I am able to see the output in discoverer desktop.

8. Sadik

well that is the basic procedure and it should work. By the way after you added the function did you bounce apache? Bounce apache and see if it works?

9. Kirti

Kirti Forum Advisor

For Troubleshooting, try the following steps:

1. Make sure the workbook opens by accessing it in Discoverer Plus or Viewer from outside of applications.

2. If you have parameters in the function remove them and see if the workbook opens.

3. If you can see the URL that is being called to open the workbook check it for odd charactors or missing characters such as "&" between parameters.

4. Check the eul being called, it is in the URL, is the workbook being saved to the correct eul?

5. If the parameters in the function are incorrect Discoverer may open from the menu and display the parameter input screen. In other cases a problem with the parameters will throw an error and Discoverer will not open.

6. If the workbook opens with the parameter screen displaying ensure you are passing all the parameters that the Discoverer worksheet requires. If you do not supply all of the parameters the worksheet will not run automatically and will prompt you for the missing parameters by displaying the parameter input screen. Use wild cards if necessary for varcharX(%25 for URL encoding) parameters.

7. If when you run the workbook from the menu in applications you get an error message like
    -Cannot find server
    - The page cannot be found
    Check if the workbook is accessible from Discoverer Desktop edition and/or from outside of applications in Discoverer Plus or Viewer. If the workbook opens that way then check the Applications System profile ICX: Discoverer Release.

Make sure it reflects the correct Discoverer version.