1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Regarding multi language support

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by erpsindhu@gmail.com, Sep 24, 2010.

1. erpsindhu@gmail.com

erpsindhu@gmail.com Active Member

Hi,

1. Can you please let me know how to convert a form / report into any language other than English - like French / Spanish etc?
    -> Do we need to add installed languages in the fnd_languages tables (installed_flag = ‘I’ )?
    -> Do we need to create different folders similar to the forms/US folders - something like forms/FR or forms/SP etc?
    -> Do we need to convert the data stored in the tables in English to other languages and store it in the %_TL tables?
    2. What needs to be done if we need to convert to any of the Indian languages? Do the above changes apply to the Indian languages also?

If anyone has any details regarding the above, kindly let me know.

Regards,
    erpsindhu

2. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Hi erpsindhu ,

If you are talking about standard forms provided by Oracle, applying the language specific patch from Oracle will solve all your problems ( TL tables will be populated, translation done etc.. )

But if you are talking about a custom form, you can use View --> Translations option in that form to set translations into diferent languages (they should be installed first in ORacle apps).

Hope it helps.