1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Recommended Version of Oracle client for a x64 Application on Window 7 x64 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by auxous03, May 18, 2015.

1. auxous03

auxous03 Active Member

Good day, everyone!

I would like to seek some help regarding with the recommended version of Oracle client. Currently, I have an x64 Application on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. I would like to know if what will be the recommended oracle client for Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. I tried installing Oracle 11g and it seems that it is now compatible with the environment. Upon installing, error is showing: Oracle Database 11g is not certified on the current operating system.

Thanks for the future help! :)

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: Recommended Version of Oracle client for a x64 Application on Window 7 x64 Enterp

"11g" IS certified for Microsoft window 7 64-bit if you installed version 11.2.0.1 or greater. If you installed 11.1.0.6 or 11.1.0.7 you will see this error. "11g" is a MARKETING term that is completely worthless to the Oracle database community. You need to report the version you installed, not some useless marketing blather.

auxous03 likes this.
  3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Re: Recommended Version of Oracle client for a x64 Application on Window 7 x64 Enterp

Would further note that there is a distinct difference between installing the Oracle 11g Runtime Client rather than the Oracle 11g Database.

auxous03 likes this.
  4. auxous03

auxous03 Active Member

Thanks, David.

The version I installed is 11g Release 1 (11.1) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit). Will check that out.
    Thanks for the help! :)

5. auxous03

auxous03 Active Member

Hi DTSIGuy,
    Yes..
    I installed Oracle® Database Client before that is resulted to error. Will now check 11.2.0.1 or >
    I just need the client only.

Thanks for the help :)

6. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

My reply was the result of a search on support.oracle.com for the Oracle client software compatibility.