1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Re-structuring COA without going for re-implementation

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by fin_mate@yahoo.com, Jul 25, 2014.

1. fin_mate@yahoo.com

fin_mate@yahoo.com Active Member

Hi All,

Can anyone please explain the steps to be followed/ considerations to be taken for restructuring the COA without going for re-implementation. I came to know that tools are available in the market (Eg: Flexfiled Express. This tool is approved by Oracle corp) to do changes COA & CCIDs without going for re-implementation. Can any one please share your thoughts & experience on this topic.

As per my research these are the following ways we can handle:-
    1. Re-Implementation :- Traditional way of creating new COA and migrating the legacy data in to target system. Oracle strongly suggests to go for this method.
    2. Adding new Ledger with the desired COA and do consolidation:- Consolidation process can be used, but it consolidates only balances and more important that drill down to subledgers data (AP, AR...) is not possible. its just a work around not the exact solution.
    3. Use oracle approved tools:- we can use the oracle approved tools to make changes to COA without going for re-implementation. so here can anybody please share their thouts and ideas, how exactly this process will be done by these tools.

I appreciate your valuable inputs in this regard.

Thanks in advance.