1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

RC in Fixed Assets

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Grant69, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Grant69

Grant69 Active Member

Hi

can somebody point me in the right direction. I'm after some documents in regards how RC works in Fixed Assets. I'm using R12.1.2

Thanks
    Grant

2. Grant69

Grant69 Active Member

Hi

further details relating to the above

we currently have a fixed asset book linked to a primary ledger (Ledger 1). We have a second primary ledger (Ledger 2) that we use to report in the reporting currency. Ledger 2 is maintained by uploading ADI journals based on the Trial Balance from Ledger 1

we are looking to set up reporting currencies in the standard sense ie create a reporting ledger attached to Ledger 1. the issue we are facing is that the asset cost & accumulated depreciation were uploaded into Ledger 2 using a weighted average rate and when run the process to initialise the reporting currency balances it will use the exchange rate based on the date placed in service. This will create a variance between the current balance in Ledger 2 and the new reporting currency ledger.

has anyone faced a similar issue? if so how did you deal with it?

thanks
    Grant