1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

R12 Upgrade: SLA Data Upgrade considerations

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by ramankb, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ramankb

ramankb Active Member

Hello All,

I am looking for the SLA upgrade considerations during R12 upgrade project. What I understand is that different SLA upgrade considerations needs to be followed for different Oracle Modules.

The general practice is to upgrade 6 months of data for SLA. This is also governed by the downtime requirement needed for SLA data upgrade.

I need to understand specific considerations needed , applicationwise, in order to upgrade SLA data and under what consideration is it required to upgrade SLA data for more than 6 months.

For eg: I believe that events data model is existing for AP even in 11i, hence the SLA data upgrade consideration for AP has to be different from other modules in the sense that all the historical accounting event data has to be upgraded into the SLA architecture.

Also I need some insight as to whether during the R12 upgrade we can select different period for differnt modules for SLA data upgrade?

Regards,

Raman

2. ramesh.bushi

ramesh.bushi Active Member

hi, this is ramesh i want know what is mean by sub ledger accounting,why it was in introduced in r12 what is main advantage for this let me know do have any idea can you explain me