1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

R12: Error while trying to enter values in value sets

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by nataraj007, May 19, 2009.

1. nataraj007

nataraj007 Guest

I am new to R12 but I have experience in 11.5.10.
    I created 3 value sets , created an accounting flex as we do in 11i, then tried to enter values into the value sets , this is the error i get :
    What could be wrong please would someone suggest whats wrong ?
    btw I am using the R12 instance from Solution Beacon

Error :

Routine FDFSVX: The requested operation cannot be performed directly through a flexfield window.

For example, some value sets can require a special application form to manage and maintain their values.

Consult your application's user reference for the proper form and/or procedure to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    APP-FND-01388: Cannot read value for profile option FND_DEVELOPER_MODE in routine &ROUTINE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    APP-FND-01388: Cannot read value for profile option FND_DEVELOPER_MODE in routine &ROUTINE.

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi nataraj this is actually a BUG in R12 when the security for both Company and InterCompany Segment are enabled. You should refer to Metalink Notes 8258914 and 814844.1 for more information.

As a workaround you should uncheck the security at the intercompany segment level.

segment.