1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Publishing issues

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by nv0044984, Sep 14, 2009.

1. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,

I have few queries more.

1. If i have publish the job and if it is completed the job with the errors. Will it try it's luck next time? I could see that no other publishing job is executing? It is true what I am guessing?

2. In a site I have two pages. One is primary page. 2. Secondary Page. If i publish the site, will it publish the entire site along with the Primary and secondary page?

3. I have a job which is completed the job with the Error saying that Job Failed :error retrieving site manifest . How to discart the Failed Job from the Pool.

4. What is the site manifest?

I think i have asked quite a few questions. But those who really worked on UCM for long time might know the answers.

Any help and thought sharing would be appriciated

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Perhaps this will help...

Publishing a Site Studio web site

On the Publishing Utility administration interface, click Add Website to define your site details, update schedule, and delivery information.
    To define your site details:

1. Enter the user and password to access the Site Studio web site.

The user name and password entered here defines what user account is used to access the Site Studio web site; and therefore controls whether you will be able to publish a site without getting access control errors.
    2. Enter the Server CGI URL.

This is the URL to the instance of Content Server that is hosting your Site Studio web sites (e.g., http://server7/stellent/idcplg).
    3. Click Connect.

The Site ID drop-down list is automatically populated.
    4. Choose a Site ID from the list.

The Site ID is the unique identifier of your Site Studio web site in the Content Server.
    5. Click Generate Manifest URL.

The Manifest URL field is automatically populated.
    6. Enter a descriptive Site Name (e.g., "Business Website" or "ProductionServer7").

7. For Site Description, you can enter additional descriptive information (optional).
    8. Select your delivery option:
    * Incremental: Content will be delivered incrementally: that is, if delivery of a package of content items is interrupted, the content items successfully delivered and retrieved so far will not be discarded. Delivery of the remaining items will resume at the next delivery attempt, as dictated by the subscription's delivery rule. Use this option if delivering to an FTP server.
    * Atomic: For each user, the Publishing Utility must successfully deliver all of the items sent in each delivery; otherwise, no items will be delivered. (No incremental delivery.) Only available when delivering to a Subscription Client.
    * Synchronized: The Publishing Utility must successfully deliver all the items sent in each delivery to all users; otherwise, no items will be delivered to any users. The synchronized delivery option is useful when you need to reliably distribute identical copies of content, in parallel, to multiple servers (e.g., to an array of mirrored web servers that support load-balancing or failover). Only available when delivering to a Subscription Client.

To define your update schedule:

1. Choose an update option:
    * Every day: Select this option to check the content every day of the year.
    * Only on: Select this option and then select the desired day(s) of the week to check content only on those days.
    * Only on these dates: Select this option to check content every month on certain dates. You can type days of the month as numbers separated by spaces. Use "last" to specify the last day of the month. (For example, entering 10 20 last sets checking for the 10th, 20th, and the last day of the month.)
    * Manual Update: Select this option to prevent the site from being checked. With this option, no content will be automatically published. This option is useful if you want to manually check and publish the site (by clicking Update Now on the Status page).
    2. Enter a First update at value to specify the start time for checking to occur.

Type a time in hour and minutes and select AM or PM (for example, 3:40 PM).
    3. Enter a Update every value to specify the interval between checks.

Type a number and select Hours or Minutes from the list (for example, to check once a day, enter 24 and choose Hours).
    4. Enter a Last update at value to specify the final time for checking to occur.

Type a time as hour and minutes and select AM or PM (for example, 3:40 PM).

To select your delivery destination:

1. Choose which destination to deliver to by checking the subscribe option for that destination.
    2. Click Save when you are done defining your site details, update schedule, and delivery information.

3. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,
    I have done jsu as you mentioned already. But is it is showing

09/13/2009 18:11:49 IST replicator ERROR Job Failed :error retrieving site manifest

I am not quite sure that how to rectify this error and proceed with publishing job.

As I have mentioned, If i have publish the job and if it is completed the job with the errors. Will it try it's luck next time? I could see that no other publishing job is executing? Is it true what I am guessing?

What is the site manifest?

regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre

4. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi all,
    I got the solution for this problem. What I did is I have refresh the Site in the Site studio designer. By this you would understand what could be cause of this. When ever publishing, we need to refresh the site, so this it will prepare the site in the content server for publishing.

I can't give the any more technical details about this issue. I am just expressing what I ever I experienced.

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar varre