1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Procedure creating - issue

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by FiZor, Apr 27, 2010.

1. FiZor

FiZor Active Member

Greetings people!
    I have problem with debuging and running procedures.
    Syntax is ok, no missplaces and still get that annoying info "source does not have a runnable target".
    I am working in Oracle SQL Developer, latest version.
    Thx in advance!

2. manik

manik Active Member

Hai Fizor,

this aint a gud reply tat u wer hoping for. i never had worked wid sql developer bt i can say is tat toad 9 is better when it comes to debuggin and stuff so jst giv it a shot..

regards

manik

3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Most probably the procedure have some Errors. Try to compile and run in SQL*PLUS ans see if it give any error. Btw, I have'nt ever came across the better solution than SQL*PLUS.

4. FiZor

FiZor Active Member

Thx ppl! I will surely try with SQL *PLUS and TOAD because i lost 3 hours yesterday on finding error, equiped myself with books and still didnt get solution :). I will post back results.
    In the past I was using NAVICAT for Oracle, nice tool, with easy graphic interface and options, but when we talk about procedures, somekind strange tool :).

5. tdpond

tdpond Guest

I had same problem with trying to debug in sql developer.

problem was fixed by granting debug any procedure and debug connect session to user attempting to debug a procedure. procedure ran fine while not in debug mode.

warning: granting debug any procedure to a user gives user total access to the database.