1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problems with the oracle site

Discussion in 'General' started by Liviu Ganea, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Liviu Ganea

Liviu Ganea Newly Initiated

Hello. While accessing the oracle.com site, I am greeted by the following error: oracle.com has redirected you too many times...delete the cookies. I tried other solutions like deleting the cookies, deleting the history and to no avail. I am stuck. What can I do?

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I have no problem with oracle.com, the website displays without issue. You give no information regarding which browser you're using so no one can know if what you say is true or if you're simply trolling for responses.

3. Liviu Ganea

Liviu Ganea Newly Initiated

1) Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m 64 bit version
    2) I have tried to reach the site from both my laptop and my desktop and it's the same thing...
    3) If I was trolling, I wouldn't have made this topic in the first place, so what you said is plain offensive.

Attached Files:

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

It was an observation, not an accusation. This forum does, from time to time, attract trolls posting similar situations that cannot be substantiated. If you took offense I apologize.

As I said before I have no problem accessing www.oracle.com from my computer:

upload_2017-1-6_11-8-59.png

even from Chrome:

upload_2017-1-6_11-10-26.png

From my computer an nslookup produces these results for oracle.com:

PS C:\Users> nslookup oracle.com
    Server: cdns01.comcast.net
    Address: 2001:558:feed::1

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: oracle.com
    Address: 137.254.120.50

PS C:\Users>

What does nslookup report from your computer for oracle.com? It likely won't be the same IP address as it apparently points to a page with numerous redirects, none of which are provided by Oracle. You can also try using the IP address provided above in your browser to see if you can get to oracle.com without the redirects. You also might try using this link:

https://www.oracle.com/index.html

It may be that the DNS server you are using has been hacked to provide a bogus location for oracle.com, sending you to some malicious site you can't access because of the excessive number of redirects. If oracle.com is the only site exhibiting this behavior then the source of the problem is most likely the DNS server you are currently using and notifying your provider may prove helpful. If more than one site is doing this then you should check your registry for 'bogus' DNS server addresses that may have been loaded from some other, hacked website. Consider yourself lucky that the address for oracle.com behaves this way as your computer could have been infected with a virus, worm or Trojan; since you can't actually visit the site in question the Trojan/virus/worm can't access your system.

When you post the results from nslookup it will be easier to assess what, and where, things have gone wrong.