1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problems with navigation in Oracle Applications usin Netscape

Discussion in 'General' started by Cecilyn, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Cecilyn

Cecilyn Active Member

Hello, I have a notebook with windows 7, I've tried to launch Oracle Application EBS with Explorer and Mozilla with no success. In both cases the navigator shuts unexpectedly. Luckily I was able to open the application with netscape, but the navigation in the menu is not working properly. It is not slow, the problem is that the forms do not open unless I click with the mouse in the Netscape icon. Each time I want to open or close a menu or change responsability I have to click the netscape icon so that the application responds. Sometimes after some hours it starts working well. Any idea of what can be happening?
    Thank you, Cecilia
  2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Chennai, India

The EBS application, is it a local install or are you trying to access EBS on a server? When is IE shutting down? When you try to open a form or immediately after you try to login?

If your IE is shutting down when you are trying to open a form, this seems like a problem with your local JRE (Java runtime). Also you didn't mention if it was 11i or R12? If it's 11i, reinstall Jinitiator. If it's R12, reinstall Java on your machine. It may also be a permission issue with Windows 7. I don't know if Oracle Apps is certified to run on Windows 7 clients.