1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problem with when-validate-item trigger

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by Nincy666, May 6, 2009.

1. Nincy666

Nincy666 Active Member

For example : I have 4 items (A,B,C,D) on a form. A and B have when-validate-trigger ,they have initial value and they are required. Validation trigger of item A set value of item C on 5 and validation trigger of item B set value of item D on 6.

If you skip items B and C (if you don't click it with mouse ) and you place mouse pointer directly into D, only trigger of first item (A) fires and set value of item C on 5. If you insert value 7 into D and than commit form , forms fires validation of item B and change value of D on 6. (validation unit = default)

On ''real'' form i have more items which can user skip with mouse, but trigger must fires before commit form.

How can I force when-validate-triggers of item (B) at time I skip it (before commit form)? Any idea , workaround ? :confused:

For your answers I will very grateful :hurray

2. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

what i think here is this you should use the when mouse click trigger or key next (but not too much sure will tell you exactly tomarrow when i am at offiice)........

3. Nincy666

Nincy666 Active Member

Thanks,

i used when-mouse-down trigger on item C:

Code (Text):
    validate(form_scope)
    but this code firing when-validate-trigger of all items (also D) , what i don't want. Any other idea ?

4. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

You should use the following condition

what i think is on mouse click trigger

if A & B := null
    then message('Enter the value in A or B');

check this out i thinks that this works if not then send me the original code (Form) on this mail address salmankhokhar@gmail.com