1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problem with MTS installation in Oracle 11G

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by venkatesanj@hcl.in, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Hi Team,

I am trying to install Oracle client 11.1.0.6.0 in my windows server 2008. Tried to install all combinations of installation + went to custom installation and checked the Microsoft transaction co-ordinator specifically. Installed the software.

If I go to program->Oracle 11G ->

1. Checked Application Development(Checked no mts )
    2. Checked Configuration and migration tools (Administration assistant for windows/mcirosoft odbc amdinistrator/net configuration assistant/net manager/Oracle counters for windows) [No MTS related items)
    3. Checked Integrated Management tools
    4. Oracle installation products.

Am able to open Oracle administrator (orammcadm11us) but unable to identify Oracle MTS. Am looking for orammcmts11us. I searched in the whole system, but unable to point it out. On searching in the internet, they are advising to install 11.1.0.6.21-ODAC-with-ODT. Still, I cant able to pin point the issue.

Last week, I had the mts in my machine with the same installables. Please help me and its very very urgent for me.

I need to create a service in oracle mts. Kindly help me.

Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesan Prabu .J

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

MTS is a server-side configuration, not a client-side option. Install the database server software, create a database and then configure MTS for the database.