1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problem to see a new book project

Discussion in 'Oracle Projects' started by tomloera, Apr 16, 2012.

1. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Dear friends;

I have a problem to see a new book in the module project.

The steps for create the book are the next:

1. - I create the book in the Fixed Asset module in the Book Controls option.
    2. - Associate this book to a category in the Fixed Asset module option in the Asset Categories
    3. - In the Project module to want to assign it to a project I was not shown in book value list

Will I be missing some step?

Thank you in advance for your support

Best Regards
    Tom

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Tomas,

Check the Below- Dig deeper and then update on outcome.
    This feature of the week is for those who operate in a multi-org environment with multiple Asset Books. Unlike other Oracle Financials modules (Payables, Receivables, Purchasing, Order Management or Projects), Oracle Assets is not operating unit specific. The way you separate your transactions is by defining the Asset Security by Book.

Summary of Setup Steps

Step 1: Define Asset Organizations.

As Fixed Assets Manager:

Navigate to Setup > Security > Organization > Description.
    Query up the organization, for which you want to define the Asset Security. Typically, this could be your operating unit.
    Include classification ‘Asset Organization. Click ‘Other’.
    Associate the organization with the asset book. Now, this step is very peculiar. You want to find an existing asset book. But! If you ran an open query, you’d get all books, which were already associated with this organization. And if you were assigning the first book to this organization, you’d retrieve nothing.
    What you must do is submit a specific query, i.e. run it as View > Query by example > Enter, and enter the book name.
    Then you have to make a change, any change like changing the book description, in order to be able to save it. This is not a bug, it’s a feature! So be aware of it.
    Save you changes. Now your book is associated with the asset organization.
    Step 2: Define Asset Security Profile

As Fixed Assets Manager:

Navigate to Setup > Security > Security
    Define a profile, which you will later assign with user responsibilitities. The profile links together the asset book, asset organization and responsibility.
    Select Organization Hierarchy and Top Organization in it to be valid in this profile, or
    Include specific organizations, which will be valid in the profile.
    Step 3: Assign FA Security Profiles

As System Administrator:

Navigate to Profile > System.
    Enter the asset responsibility you want to assign to a specific asset book (FA security profile).
    Enter ‘FA Security Profile’ as profile.
    Enter ‘Your Asset Profile Name’ in the profile value.
    Step 4: Validate Your Asset Security Setup

Log in with the responsibility, for which you just defined the Asset Security above. Navigate to Asset Workbench and select the book values. If you see more than the one book you expected, something is not right.>

When Asset Security Doesn’t Work

Check the Organization and Organization Hierarchy Setup. The Security by Book feature enables you to designate an organizational hierarchy in which the assets of an organization can only be seen by either the organization or its parent.You may set up a number of organizations and include as many of them as you wish in the hierarchy. Make sure that your hierarchy is set up as you expect.
    Run the Security List Maintenance program. This program populates the LOV’s with the appropriate information. If you miss this important step, your LOV’s will not show the correct books that are available for each organization to access.
    Define Asset Security for all books. You will always see asset books, which are not associated with any security profile. If there is a book that already exists on the system and you have not assigned that book to a particular organization, all organizations will be able to see the book and its assets.

tomloera likes this.
  3. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Hello friend;

I found the problem, I assign in the GL SET OF BOOKS value one book different of my organization, for this reason I can not work the new book, but you exposition help me a lot

Best Regards My Dear Friend
    Tom

4. shreya92

shreya92 Active Member

Hello people, you guys can consult Rolta who have the oracle applications services by satisfying the consumers with well expected services with no complains.
    check rolta.com/services/oracle-applications/ for more details related to services.