1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problem in openning inventory accounting periods..

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by ram mohan, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ram mohan

ram mohan Active Member

HI...
    I have created inventory responsibility under vision...Whenever i want to do any transactions...It shows an error message..."No open period found for date entered"....
    Then i tried to open accounting periods in accounting close cycles...but there all fields in gradeout mode...
    For more info i have attached two snap shots...
    Waiting for your reply..
    Thanku in advance..

Attached Files:

2. karthikeyang84

karthikeyang84 Active Member

Hi Rammohan,

In attachment - 2nd snapshot shows inventory accounting periods (pp2)... for this no periods yet to be create, first u have to create accounting calender thru... inventory->Setup->Accounting calander->Accounting.

Then Enable / open the period, do the transactions.

In case if u have created already calender, then goto Org Parameters in setup link the calendar.

Thanks...

pujurisuresh, ram mohan and Sadik like this.
  3. carrot

carrot Active Member

" In case if u have created already calender, then go to Org Parameters in setup link the calendar."

I do not know how to link the calendar in R12.

Hi Karthikeyang84 or anybody there!

I am using R12 and I am a newbie in oracle. I encounter the same problem as Ram mohan and I have done the following as a solution:

1.Select inventotry
    2. Navigate to Inventory ->Accounting Close Cycle -> Inventory Accounting Periods
    3. Double click on this
    4. Window open up mentioning various months are future, click on the status and make it as open.
    5. Save your calender.

When I do the Move Order transaction again (Mfg inventory>move orders>transaction Move Orders, Select organization, Fing the Move Order) all fields appeared to be in greyed out mode...

What should I do?:( Please help me. Thanks in adanvance. :)

Baji likes this.
  4. Dessa

Dessa Newly Initiated

Hi carrot
    to link the calendar
    go to inventory>setup>organization>parameters
    then in first tab (inventory parameter)
    filed calendar enter your Accounting calendar
    then re check the transaction

5. Subramanyam Yadav

Subramanyam Yadav Active Member

do check the below setups for the same

1. does the inventory accouting information correctly selected, it means ledger, legal entity and operating unit assignment
    2. Define new Work day calendar and attach the same at organization parameters
    3. open inventory accounting periods first, for the first time system will ask you to open which period to start
    4. in case if your financial calendar do not have the current working month period, then you should add the latest periods to your financial calendar.

if you still facing issue, share the screen shots and i will help you out.

Regards,
    Subramanyam