1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Problem in Installing UCM in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by adideswar, Jun 22, 2009.

1. adideswar

adideswar Active Member

Hi everyone, can you help me?

I've tried to install UCM server in my XP laptop. I've followed instruction from this link:

"club-oracle.com/forums/installing-stellent-or-oracle-universal-content-management-t170"

when it all finished and i tried to open "localhost/idc" in my web browser, then it's written error message:

'Access denied to UCM Server managed resource. Error loading credentials from master cache. File C:/UCM/data/users/userdb.txt cannot be found.'

what's wrong with my installation? I've attach my config.cfg (just rename the file and delete extension .txt) just in case if you willing to check.

I will very appreciate your help!
    Thanks before..

Attached Files:

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi adi

You are using Apache or IIS? And did you try by creating a blank userdb.txt file in the path C:/UCM/data/users/userdb.txt?

adideswar likes this.
  3. adideswar

adideswar Active Member

Hi Sadik, thanks very much to reply my thread..:)

I used Apache 2.2 and yep, i tried to put blank userdb.txt file there, and tried to open it again but then its written:

"Access denied to UCM Server managed resource. Error loading credentials from master cache. File C:/UCM/data/users/SecurityInfo.hda cannot be found."

Should I put a blank SecurityInfo.hda file? :confused: (I think not :eek:)

I think i missed something when Installing UCM.. But dunno what...

Thanks for your concern..:)

4. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi Adi

I just did my UCM install a few weeks back. Did you check your install log file?
    The common warning in there is because of the UTF8 encoding. If so, try adding the line "InstallTablesWithoutUTF8Encoding=true" in the intradoc.cfg in the install folder.
    I will attach my installation steps , may be it helps.

I would suggest not to keep on adding the files in users folder. I tried it too..:) but didnt work well for me.

All the best.

Thanks

Attached Files:

adideswar likes this.
  5. adideswar

adideswar Active Member

Hi Krish..

Thanks for your advice...

I've already follow your step in your install_log.txt file. But, it looks like i still have error when creating database connection. My IDC Content Service idc also won't start. It's written:

'error 1064: An exception occured in the service when handling the control request.'

Can you help me with these?

I attached my log file from this path:

C:\ora10133ucm\install\log.txt
    C:\ora10133ucm\weblayout\groups\secure\logs\IdcLog01.htm

I'm newbie in Oracle and UCM so I really need your help.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

6. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi Adi...

Its obvious that you have a problem with the database connection. Try to test it first before you do the install and also make sure your listener is started when you do the install. Make sure you have sufficient privileges for the database.

Also,choose yes in the step while install
    " if you would like the installer to create database tables --> yes"

The IDC service will not start until the install is proper. So, try to fix the install issues first.

Hope this helps.

adideswar likes this.
  7. adideswar

adideswar Active Member

Hi too krish..

yep, i think you're right the problem is the database connection from UCM to Oracle. But i dont know what's wrong..

I can connect to oracle from isql*Plus with username "ucm" and password "ucm".

In the Start menu->Programs-> Oracle Content Server -> idc -> Utilities -> System Properties, in Database tab, I have set JDBC username "ucm" and password "ucm". And for the JDBC connection string, i've set it "jdbc: oracle:thin:mad:10.10.10.10:1521: orcl"

The Host in the JDBC connection string is the same with HOST in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora in [DRIVE]:[ORACLE_HOME]\NETWORK\ADMIN folder

I think my problem is very similar with sam123's problem in here "club-oracle.com/forums/problem-in-installing-ucm-server-t627". But sam didnt tell how he got rid his problem.

8. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Actually sam reinstalled from scratch because nothing else seemed to resolve it.

9. chaitanyah

chaitanyah Guest

Hi,

I am getting the following error while installing the Contect Server

Access denied to UCM Server managed resource. Error loading credentials from master cache. File C:\UCM\data\users\SecurityInfo.hda cannot be found.

Please Help.
    Thanks