1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Pregenerate Lot numbers

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by karthikppillai, Jul 1, 2011.

1. karthikppillai

karthikppillai Active Member

Can I have lot numbers pre-generated before receiving the items? My requirement is to use custom form for capturing certain details of the items being received, and assign the lot number from an existing list of lot number. But the person capturing details in the custom form, cannot create or generate the lot number. These details will then be used to populate the RCV Interface table and run the RCVTP to create receipts. Can somebody throw light on whether lot numbers can be pre-generated just like serial numbers?

Thanks,
    Karthik

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You provide no information as to how these lot numbers are to be generated; what criteria must be met to create valid lot numbers in your system?

3. karthikppillai

karthikppillai Active Member

Hi David,

My requirement is as follows,
    1. User A will generate lot number based on the prefix details at item level or any user defined format
    2. User B will use this lot number while capturing the details of item being received. The details will be captured using custom form. At this process the lot numbers generated by User A will be used.
    3. Details captured in step 2 will be used to populate the RCPT Interface tables and RCVTP will be run to generate the receipts.

I have found the solution for the same. Lots can be pre-generated (just like Generating Serial numbers) and used while receiving or performing any transaction. This can be done by navigating to the below form,
    Inventory > On-hand Availability > Lots > New Lot
    Using the above navigation, either the lot number can be generated based on prefix and prefix number provided at Item lot control or user can create using user-defined format.

Hope this is clear. Thanks.