1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Points Lost

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by jagadekara, May 27, 2015.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi,

Today I saw this in Recognitions.

08:43 AM jagadekara has lost -340 Recognition points

This is not only first time. I lost more than 2000 points. May I know the reason?

Also I noted that some of my documents auto deleted.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Jagadekara,

If we find some duplicate documents they will be deleted, may be the reason they got deleted and some of the topics we can find easily in online sites. So if we find any unnecessary documents like that or any posts like that, they will be deleted. This filtering was happening every weekend to make Server to perform good without any duplicate documents or any other stuff. So if we delete threads or documents or posts then automatically points will get reduced.

And Jagadekara, Don't think of points ever. They are nothing here when we compare them with our experience we gained and we shared.

Sadik likes this.
  3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hey Jagadekara

There are a few reasons you could lose points.

1. You posted in a thread which got deleted because it was from a possible spammer.
    2. A document you may have posted got deleted because it was already present here.

These steps are only in place to improve the quality of the site. I had earlier attempted for a complete software overhaul of the site which was not successful. But I plan to do this again possibly in June. The plan is to upgrade to the upgraded version of the software the forum is using, go through the entire list of documents and delete / merge possible duplicates, improve integration with scribd etc.

The last attempt at upgrading went bust, but I am hoping this time it would be better as I am planning this better... :)

As always thank you for your participation and knowledge sharing!

Bharat likes this.
  4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Yes Sadik, if we have that kind of software to delete the duplicate documents we can eliminate most of the duplicate documents from our server. Even we should not encourage multiple threads with same questions as well and unnecessary posts with repeated messages and posts.