1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Please resolve the Error:Element Entry over laps with another entry of the same type

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by ganesh.hrmsconsultant@gma, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ganesh.hrmsconsultant@gma

ganesh.hrmsconsultant@gma Active Member

Hi Buddies,

I have been trying to resolve the error : Element Entry over laps with another entry of the same type while entering salary to an employee.

I have tried to resolve this issue by created a new salary basis with new element. But still I could not make it.

Please let me know how to move forward? Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Ganesh kumar M[​IMG]

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: Please resolve the Error:Element Entry over laps with another entry of the same t

Hi Ganesh,

Can you please explain abit more about your scenario, like what you are exactly trying to do and whats the problem ? If possible please provide screenshots.

3. ganesh.hrmsconsultant@gma

Re: Please resolve the Error:Element Entry over laps with another entry of the same t

Hi Bharat,
    Thanks for your reply..! To run the pay roll,I was trying to enter the salary to the employee by clicking the salary in employee assignment window. It will direct to HTTP PAGE called Salary where I entered the base salary and apply. It throw an error Like Error:Element Entry over laps with another entry of the same type.

Please let me know what to do?

Thanks for your kind help

Regards
    Ganesh kumar M

4. Bharat

Hi Ganesh,

What is the person type of the person you are trying this?

If it's an Applicant, please refer to the following note:
    APP-PAY-06956: Element Entry Overlaps with Another Entry of the Same Type Error When Hiring Applicant [ID 825943.1]

Please check whether elements entries are available for the employee you are trying, and if exists remove them and then try to add salary and then again reassign the elements what you want.

In Assignments form there is an Entries button, when you click it, there you can identify element entries. If possible remove them and try to add salary record.

5. Bharat

Hi Ganesh,

Is your problem solved, If yes then please post the solution here.

Sadik likes this.
  6. ganesh.hrmsconsultant@gma

Hi Bharat,
    Hope you are doing great...!

Solution suggestion:

1. While you are creating the element specifically Basic salary element avoid to define as a standard element.

2.What I did to resolve the issue is just delete the element in the element Entries window by giving the end date. After that change the date track to next day only was able to enter the basic salary.

Thanks
    Ganesh kumar M

7. Bharat

Hi Ganesh,

Am doing Good Thanks, Hope you was.
    Ya, that's the only way to resolve your problem I think. Or we need to delete that. But it's the better way to end-date as you said, by that we can maintain records for tracking.