1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Performance comparison

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by Bharat, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

In general, one of our query is taking 1 hour of time to run. And we are using this Query as one of the Cursor in PL/SQL Program and used it as cursor for loop. But this program is taking long time to run. So instead of using this cursor sql in for loop, can we load to table type variable and using this table type variable as loop makes performance better than cursor for loop ? Can anyone suggest on this.

2. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

You have not provided sufficient details for me to say for certain that a PL/SQL table can be used, but I will tell you that most likely it is possible. A few years ago, I was responsible for improving the performance of an app that was performing large numbers of queries and comparing the results between each other in FOR loops. I used numerous associative arrays to handle the processing and achieved enormous speed improvements.

Bharat likes this.
  3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

As Matthew already stated you haven't provided enough information for a definitive answer, but it MIGHT be possible. This post shows one example of how that can be done:

https://dfitzjarrell.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/collecting-thoughts/

David Fitzjarrell

Bharat likes this.