1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Payables Invoice Issue

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Bharat, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

Iam working on invoices in payables. I have created 1 standard invoice (Inv11) with amount 534.50(500.00 Item amt and 34.50 tax amt) USD and another prepayment invoice(Prepay1) with amount 213.80 (200 item amt and 13.80 tax amt).

Now actually I have did payment for Inv11 for amount 334.50. So this amount is reduced in item amt and now it has amount remaining of 200.00 USD. So I used to pay it through prepayment invoice(Prepay1). So I tried to apply through prepayment invoice but its showing that amount to apply is 165.50 USD and after applying that amount some more amount like 11.42 USD in Tax has been cut down. Can anyone suggest me whats going on here. Bit confused in this. I have tried so many invoices and repeated same kind of thing and didn't got any proper solution for it.

2. BeckyReeve

BeckyReeve Active Member

Your question is confusing... usually you pay the prepayment first and then when making the final payment you apply the prepayment to get down to the remaining amount due.
    For example: Prepayment of $200 + 13.80 tax = 213.80 (possibly matched to PO with total of $500 + 34.50 tax = 534.50 )
    Then when make the final payment, you match to PO total of 534.50 but apply the prepayment of 213.80 - so only pay the $320.70
    Hope that helps.

3. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Dear Becky,

Yes if we apply prepayment before 320.70$ will remains. But I payed through payments for an amount of 334.50$ before. And later I tried to apply prepayment invoice to that remaining amount 213.80$.

After I came to know that we have to just look into line level amounts. So I later I paid this prepayment invoice first and then payed remaining amount through payments. So it works fine.

Thanks for your reply.