1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

OSP queries

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Kinshuk.arya, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Kinshuk.arya

Kinshuk.arya Guest

Hi can someone tell me the details and what it exactly does for the following:

1. OSP unit type (resource/Item)
    2. Standard Rate check flag while defining Resources

My understanding of the Standard Rate check flag is as follows:
    1. If we check the Standard Rate Flag the Rate put in as Frozen in the Rates Tab will be taken for accounting purposes and any difference between the Standard Frozen cost and the PO line cost will be show an Variance
    2. If we dont check the Standard Rate Flag the PO lone cost will be taken for accounting purposes.

I am not really sure about the consequences of the OSP unit type.

Please confirm if the above understanding is correct or not.

Thanks and Regards,
    Kinshuk

2. mahendradere

mahendradere Guest

1. OSP Unit Type

A. Assembly –
    a. If the outside resource has a basis of Item, you receive one outside processing item for each assembly you receive.
    b. If the outside resource has a basis of Lot, you receive one outside processing item for each job or repetitive schedule.
    B. Resource –
    a. If the outside resource has a basis of Item, you receive the extended quantity (using the outside resource usage rate or
    amount) of the outside processing item for each assembly you receive
    b. If the outside resource has a basis of Lot, you receive 1 outside processing item extended by the outside resource
    usage rate or amount for each job or repetitive schedule.

2. Standard Rate - When standard rate flag is checked this resource is charged with standard rate during transaction