1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Start of root element expected

Discussion in 'System Administration & Application DBA' started by mimi_miao, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

Right now we're using General Ledger 10.7 and planning (for almost 5 years, coz the programmers keep on resigning until they gave the responsibility to me) to migrate in 11i... they've been testing 11i for that time with inserting and creating lots of records and stuffs in it and I think I have to tune-up / clean the database and the apps itself... I just enabled the purge(s) like concurrent requests and signon login data...

...oh, right now I got another problem... since I was able to open web-ADI and create a document, I encountered this problem 'oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Start of root element expected' when I tried to upload the spreadsheet...

I maybe so annoying asking alot of stuff re. general ledger and maintaining it without any knowledge but it serves as a challenge to me and makes my work pretty interesting... :)

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I created a new thread with your post as this was related to a different error.

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

This error is almost always a result of incorrect or corrupt data in one or other of your tables. Please provide the complete log and we can zero in the cause. Morever I can't figure out why you have to purge your instance if you want to migrate to a brand new 11i instance. Won't be much easier if you install a new 11i instance for production, clone it for development and start your work from there. I mean this instance that you are trying to purge, it may cause you lot of trouble if you make errors in the process.

4. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

huwwaaatt? but I just purged the logs like request logs and login logs...
    well... I dont know how to install a new 11i... well as of now its working pretty well...
    and I'm trying to discover alot of things about 11i to maximize its use... heheh

5. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

6. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

gee... thanks for the help and compliments guys! I really appreciate it... :)

btw, back to the topic... I just read the error while uploading my excel file (I made it in web-ADI) with transactions in it... its in trace messages window, then it said 'SAXException during parsing of upload document' then the details displayed the xml.parser messages... well... I can't find a log file of it, if there is any...

...btw, I realized that metalink just got a few documents re. web-adi wonder why that is...

7. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

well metalink does have some info on WEB ADI. what kind of information are u exactly looking for.

About the error, SAXException is something that gets thrown in if the application needs to pass through other types of exceptions which it must wrap in a SAXException or an exception derived from a SAXException. So that actually doesn't tell much about what's wrong. could you share those details displayed with the xml.parser messages...

And also what transaction data were you trying to upload?

8. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

General Ledger - Journal...