1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle XML output

Discussion in 'General' started by Ada01, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Ada01

Ada01 Active Member

Can any request be setup in Oracle to for the output to be XML, giving the option to save as .xls, .doc, .pdf, etc.

If so, how is this done. I have been told that the process to make export options to is VERY DIFFICULT and therefore will not be able to be done...i do not believe this to be the case because i don't think Oracle would do that!

Thanks

2. Indra Stp

Indra Stp Active Member

Hi Ada01,

You can use the XML Publisher Administrator to produce various file extention output. You can download the additional patch for client BI Publisher Desktop on oracle support. The step quite tricky but if you are familiar with report builder than the XML publisher will be easier to learn.

Regards

3. Ada01

Ada01 Active Member

Hi

does this include "canned" (pre-existing) reports running on concurrent request in Oracle. For example in the Receivable manager there is a request for an "Aging-7 bucket report" that i want to exprot to Excel but currently the only option is a Web html file thast has to copied and manipulated into excel and it si tnot pretty. The General ledger Trial Balance - Detail request is another one.

Thanks

4. Indra Stp

Indra Stp Active Member

Yes it requires pre-existing report that can be run in XML format. The XML output than has to be mapped in BI Publisher Desktop (also known as XML Publisher). Actually there is a file which is documenting this step in this forum. You can use 'XML publisher RTF output' keyword to find this document. It is very use full and easy to understand if I can say...

Regards