1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle versus Access

Discussion in 'General' started by brendo_day, May 16, 2009.

1. brendo_day

brendo_day Guest

I have an assignment for university which I'm currently struggling with a great deal
    I need to discuss the potential benefits/negatives of using an Oracle database instead of Microsoft Access
    I know the basics (Access single user, Oracle multi-user, Oracle much larger) but am not sure what else to write about
    any help is greatly appreciated
  2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

hmmm... well the thing is there really is no comparison between access and oracle. Whoever gave you that assignment doesn't know much about oracle at least. It's like comparing a backyard game of football to a champions league final... (eh.. forgive the analogy... am a die-hard soccer fan! ;))

Well to make a small effort, let me just say that access is for small personal applications or very small company applications which won't be multi-user, lots of data etc. while oracle is the giant beast RDBMS on which some of the largest corporations of the world run their system!

Sorry i can't be more helpful, do a google search, i found millions of results!