1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle UCM Web Content Portlet Integration

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by cbillster, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cbillster

cbillster Active Member

Hi,

We will be creating web content using site studio, but this content needs to be presented via portal. I noticed that the content portlet suite api doesn't have methods that would allow you to re-use all the presentation components and layout developed in site studio within the portlets. It seems to me that the content portlet suite will only allow you to retrieve the web content (or any other content), but you will have to code your portlet to handle the presentation of the content.

Hopefully, I am missing something, but it would not be ideal to have to re-create presentation components if you need to display web content in portal (websphere in our case).

So if you have a web page with a banner, side nav, main page and footer, then to display the same layout in portal, you could use the banner and footer from the portal, but you would have 2 portlets created. One for the side nav and one for the main body. Can the content portlet suite hook into the presentation already defined?

Thanks in advance

2. imsean

imsean Active Member

yes i believe content portlet suite does not let you re-use all the presentation components and layout developed in site studio within the portlets.

3. cbillster

cbillster Active Member

Thanks imsean. I was reading about UCM release 11g and Open WCM. I'm hoping this will cover the gap.