1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

oracle UCM (stellent) tables when checking in content

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by imsean, Jan 2, 2009.

1. imsean

imsean Active Member

hi, i found some interesting discussions here on UCM (stellent) so i want to ask a few things too.

We are in the process of converting from our existing system to Oracle UCM. I understand that we have to use the Batch loader, but i tried uploading with batch loader but how do we upload our existing revision information? i thought of inserting directly in the tables but that is not quite working. i inserted into the revisions and docmeta tables but its not working. morever then when i try to insert i get a primary key violation error!

so apparently it's quite simple to upload multiple files with batch loader but what does one do if one already has existing revision information?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

:) You are most welcome

Well although i do not use Batch Loader for conversion, i believe you can upload revision informations too with batch loader. You need to create a new mapping and you can set the revision no.
    If you are trying to insert directly into the database, you need to insert into the below 3 tables:

revisions : Mostly the standard file informations like title, etc
    docmeta : All your custom metadata fields
    documents : The file name, type etc (here you insert two rows for each revision), one for the actual file and one for the converted one.

Morever you will need to update the counters table for all inserts that you perform. You didn't do that that's y you were getting the PK violation error.