1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle UCM (stellent) help

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by markH, Nov 12, 2008.

1. markH

markH Forum Advisor

hi, i found some very useful material here on stellent, so i am asking a few questions.

1> how do i clear metadata fields on revision check-in? i can set the default value on new check-in but when creating revisions i want to clear some metadata fields
    2 > how can i calculate a custom metadata field while check-in? like i have 3 metadata fields and i want to generate a fourth metadata field by concatening the 3 fields.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I haven't done this one but you can try this:
    1. Define a rule (you can have it global or select actions check-in new check-in selected).
    2. add the metadata field to the rule, goto edit and add a condition.
    3. tick the default value and goto custom and give put in this code
    Code (Text):

<$if #active.dRevLabel not like "0"$>
    <$dprDefaultValue=""$>
    <$endif$>

Check if this rule works.

yes I had done this one previously and it's quite simple. Basically create a new rule where you add your calculated field. Make it info Only and tick the derived field and in custom just enter
    Code (Text):

dprDerivedValue=#active.field1&#active.field2&#active.field3

After you check in the info only field will have this calculated value.

let me know if these worked

3. mikeyc7m

mikeyc7m Active Member

Nope, setting the dprDefaultValue only works on empty fields.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

yes you are right, I just checke it. Actually when you are creating a revision the service CHECKIN_SEL_FORM gets executed. It automatically fills in the metadata fields with the old revision data, even if you have a rule doing otherwise, it doesn't quite work.

There is also a variale isNew that returns false if you are checkin-in a revision. If you have the code
    Code (Text):

<$if not isNew$>
    <$dprDefaultValue = "ABC"$>
    <$endif$>

This works if you didn't have anything filled in your metadata field in the first revision. However, if you already had something , say in your xcomments field, the "ABC" gets overwritten by the previous revision value. So doesn't help.

I enquired about this, however I am told that this is a Stellent feature and if you want to overwrite/clear on new revision, the Service may need to be modified.